Leading Collaboration and Creativity
The Arts Development Company is a social enterprise company working with partners across the creative and public sectors for the benefit of the community.
Here's a quick look at some of the projects we are involved with:
- 2000 local school children have learnt about the geographically and historically important South Dorset Ridgeway through visiting L.O.O.S or the Laboratory Of Outstanding Stuff.
- We have provided 1000 hours of Short Breaks for parents and carers of 190 children in Dorset with disabilities, giving them the chance to make friends, join in activities and become more independent.
- Over 30 interns and apprentices have been appointed across Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole through the Creative Employment Programme.
- We have produced a Cultural Strategy for Dorset with a vision that by working collaboratively, Dorset should place culture at the heart of quality of life.
- In partnership with the Dorset Growth Hub, Creative Dorset, has now secured ERDF and Arts Council funding for a three year programme of business development for arts and cultural organisations in Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole. Growth Hub partners include Wsx Enterprise, Silicon South, Bournemouth University, Dorset Chamber of Trade, Dormen and Outset.
- We are collaborating with internationally renowned Cape Farewell which utilises the arts to raise awareness about the effects of our changing climate. The Milking Parlour explored the Dairy Industry and Farmart looked at how farming practices effect environments and their communities. We're very proud that the P.E.A Awards 2016 first Arts, Fashion, Film, Music Award went to performance artist and political ecologist Nessie Reid who, supported by environmental arts organisation Cape Farewell and The Arts Development Company, lived with two cows for five days in a temporary ‘Milking Parlour’ in Bristol, to explore the current state of farming and its environmental impact. Congratulations to Nessie and it's great to have been a part of this amazing project!
- We also work with environmental organisations such as The Dorset AONB, Dorset Wildlife Trust, Jurassic Coast Team and Dorset Coastal Forum.
The Arts Development Company's 'Commissioning Value' - Social Enterprise conference is on Thursday 8 December 2016 at Kingston Maurward College.
Support your local festivals and arts centres
Arts By The Sea Festival, Bournemouth takes place in October from 8-15th
Dorchester Literary Festival 19-23 October.
Bridport Literary Festival 6-13 November
There is also a fantastic programme of events from Artsreach, Dorset’s rural touring arts organisation, giving rural communities all over Dorset the opportunity to see and participate in high quality arts events in their own villages.
For art and craft lovers why not visit Walford Mill Crafts in Wimborne. A craft centre which provides a platform for established makers as well as supporting craft education.
And, don't forget to regularly support your local arts centre - they all have a fantastic programme of events!
Bridport Arts Centre
The Lyric, Bridport
The Exchange, Sturminster Newton
Shaftesbury Arts Centre
Pavlion Dance South West