Leading Collaboration and Creativity
The Arts Development Company is a social enterprise company working with partners across the creative and public sectors for the benefit of the community.
Find out more about us and where to find us here!
Here's a quick look at some of the projects we have been involved with:
- 2000 local school children have learnt about the geographically and historically important South Dorset Ridgeway through visiting L.O.O.S or the Laboratory Of Outstanding Stuff.
- We have provided 1000 hours of Short Breaks for parents and carers of 190 children in Dorset with disabilities, giving them the chance to make friends, join in activities and become more independent.
- Over 30 interns and apprentices have been appointed across Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole through the Creative Employment Programme.
- We have produced a Cultural Strategy for Dorset with a vision that by working collaboratively, Dorset should place culture at the heart of quality of life.
- In partnership with the Dorset Growth Hub,our sister company Creative Dorset, has now secured ERDF and Arts Council funding for a three year programme of business development for arts and cultural organisations in Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole. Growth Hub partners include Wsx Enterprise, Silicon South, Bournemouth University, Dorset Chamber of Trade, Dormen and Outset. Find out more here.
- We are collaborating with internationally renowned Cape Farewell which utilises the arts to raise awareness about the effects of our changing climate. The Milking Parlour explored the Dairy Industry and Farmart looked at how farming practices effect environments and their communities.
- We also work with environmental organisations such as The Dorset AONB, Dorset Wildlife Trust, Jurassic Coast Team and Dorset Coastal Forum.
Support your local festivals and arts centres
There is a fantastic programme of events from Artsreach, Dorset’s rural touring arts organisation, giving rural communities all over Dorset the opportunity to see and participate in high quality arts events in their own villages.
For art and craft lovers why not visit Walford Mill Crafts in Wimborne. A craft centre which provides a platform for established makers as well as supporting craft education.
Don't forget to regularly support your local arts centre - they all have a fantastic programme of events!